Before party guests begin to arrive, get your home in top shape for all of your holiday festivities.
- Place doormats at every entrance for a quick and easy way to prevent excess rain, snow, or mud from being tracked into your home. When guests arrive, they can wipe off their shoes so less mess ends up on your carpets. Mats with larger surface areas will allow for more dirt to be captured, so the longer the mat, the better.
- Give your carpeting a good vacuuming the night before or day of your party.
- Vacuum slowly to allow the suction to pull away dirt and dust.
- Move the vacuum in a crisscross pattern to get deeper into the fibers.
- To ensure that your vacuum is working properly, replace filters and empty the vacuum bag when necessary.
- Don’t forget your stair runners and area rugs – clean and treat these just like wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Schedule a cleaning for your upholstery so everything is nice and bright for the day of your party.
- For extra protection, schedule a Scotchgard™ application to make spills easier to remove from your carpets and furniture. You don’t want to risk red wine staining your brand new white carpet!