With the winter comes snow, slush, and mud. There are a few ways you can protect your carpets and keep them clean this season.
- Placing door mats inside and outside every entrance to your home will help remove more of what’s being tracked in.
- If you have pets, be sure to wipe off their paws before they re-enter the house.
- Keep your walkways clean for everyone. Whether it’s with regular shoveling or stocking up on rock salt (protect your pets’ paws!), a clean walkway will help keep your home cleaner.
- Institute a “no shoes in the house” policy whenever possible. Have family members to remove their shoes in the house once they get home and ask guests to do the same.
- If you have a garage, use that entrance to minimize contact with snow and slush.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned. The winter is a great time for professional cleanings because dry air will help speed up drying time.
- You can even have a protective coating like Scotchgard™ applied to help protect against stains without changing the look or feel of your carpets.